I have a fresh grapefuit with breakfast every morning. It’s one of my favorite fruits, and really helps to wake me up! I began to think since it has so many benefits for my body, it’s got to have benefits for my skin. So I did some research, and now I love this fruit even more. It’s great for gentle exfoliation because of its natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids, and contains Vitamin C, which is necessary for building collagen and it aids in the removal of dark spots. I decided to add French Green Clay for added detoxifying benefits, because it deeply cleans pores without stripping moisture, and is abundant in minerals to repair skin. I added honey to help bind the mask together and add some antibacterial properties as well as to keep the mask not too drying. I’m happy to report that this is one of my favorite masks ever!
Raw, Organic Pure Honey
French Green Clay
Half of a fresh Grapefuit
Here’s how you make it!
I do not measure my ingredients, so estimations are not approximate
1. Empty three tablespoons of french green clay into your desired container
2. Add two tablespoons of honey
3. Squeeze out all the juice from the grapefruit carefully
4. Mix it all together! Adjust ingredients accordingly if it’s looking too thick or thin. Add Organic Aloe Vera or some water if it’s getting too thick, and add more clay if it’s getting too thin
5. Apply on your freshly cleansed face, using a patting motion. It doesn’t distribute evenly in your apply it by rubbing in circles. Keep applying until you reach your desired coverage, focusing mainly on problem areas
6. Wait 10-20 minutes, or until mask is almost dry, then rinse off with warm water and apply your night treatments after
So whether you’re in need of a spa night, or going out on the town and need your skin prepped for a long night, this mask is perfect. I hope you have a great night!