I love wine. Let me say that again. I love wine. I have a glass regularly, and I’ve read so many articles about its benefits internally, but I’ve also heard about its benefits applied topically, especially the antioxidant resveratrol. Resveratrol is found primarily in the skin of red grapes and helps with skin aging, fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps protect against sun damage! While red wine doesn’t have as much resveratrol as red grapes, I decided to try it nonetheless just for fun! Next week I hope to tackle a red grape face mask, so stay tuned for that! Here is what you will need.
Ingredients you will need
Red Wine (Organic if possible)
Organic Raw Honey
I do not measure out my ingredients, so these are purely estimations.
1. In a container, pour two tablespoons of red wine
2. Mix in about two tablespoons of honey
3. Mix it all together! It’s going to be really runny. If you want a thicker mask, add more honey. Typically, the honey blends in with the wine after awhile so it just becomes a liquid, but that’s okay with me!
4. Once you’re done mixing, apply to your freshly cleansed face. This mask will not build up and look like a typical mask. Your skin will take on a red tinge though, but don’t be alarmed. It won’t stay there forever, I promise
5. Leave on for 20-30 minutes. I usually do my homework and drink a glass of wine while I let my mask sit
6. Rinse off with warm water, pat your face dry and apply your moisturizer
My skin felt so smooth after I rinsed it off! It absolutely loved this mask. It felt rejuvenated, fresh and balanced. I can’t wait to try my skills at a grape mask next week and see how that works! I think I’ll also be trying a beer mask soon too, just for fun!
I hope you’re all having a lovely Friday! Cheers!